Terra Mare Prime Premium Beef Thai Salad
May 19, 2020
NAHM DTOK – GRILLED Terra MAre Prime BEEF THAI SALAD
(nahm dtok means water falling as in the juice in the steak)
This is a simple and healthy summer salad. The contrast of fresh and zingy raw salad ingredients pairs perfectly with the subtle wagyu flavours from the Terra Mare Prime Wagyu Rost Biff. The wagyu can be cooked on the grill or pan seared.
Serves 2 substantial dishes or 4 side dishes
- Approximately 550g of Terra Mare Prime Wagyu Rost Biff, at room temperature
- 2 lemongrass sticks, outer layer removed and thinly sliced
- 5 kaffir lime leaves*, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2 Jalapeno red chilli
- 2 red shallots
- 2 cups mint
- 2 cups coriander
- 2 cups Thai (sweet) basil*
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 6 tbsp fish sauce*
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice (or sticky rice)
- 2 wedges of green cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, white sugar and chili flakes in a bowl. The dressing should be a balanced flavour of salty and sweet, with a kick of spice to your taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the garnish. Toast the sticky rice on a non-stick pan on low heat, until the rice turns a golden-brown colour and has an aroma similar to popcorn. Remove from the heat and place into a mortar and pestle. Grind into a fine powder, then set aside.
- Gently mix all salad ingredients in a bowl, making sure not to bruise the herbs. Toss lightly to expel the natural oils and aromas. Set aside.
- Ensure the steak is at room temperature before cooking. Chargrill or pan sear the steak whole to desired doneness – we recommend rare. Allow steak to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice steak, then combine together with salad and dressing.
- Sprinkle the rice powder over the top, and serve with green cabbage or iceberg lettuce.
*available at all good Asian supermarkets.