SURF & TURF WITH CHEAT “MORNAY” SAUCE
July 27, 2021
The deliciously creamy sauce is perfectly paired with silky smooth Terra Mare Prime Wagyu Eye Fille and plump Tropic Co Tiger Prawns. This recipe serves 2 people.
- 2 x Terra Mare Prime Wagyu Eye Fillet (roughly 500g)
- 6 x Tropic Co Tiger Prawns, defrosted and peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- 1 sprig fresh thyme Thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Olsson’s Sea Salt flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Defrost and peel the prawns following the guide below. Bring the meat to room temperate before cooking.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan with thyme and garlic. Slowly simmer until it has reduced by half, being careful not to burn or boil – heating the cream on high heat will cause it to quickly rise in the saucepan; be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Once reduced by half, stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Turn off and set aside, making sure it doesn’t cool too much.
- Then heat a heavy based pan on high, and add a little extra virgin olive oil. Season the meat with Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes and pepper.
- Once the pan is searing hot, carefully sear each side of the filet for roughly 30 seconds. Make sure it is a hard sear – look for a caramelized crust.
- Then cook the filet in the pan for 2 -3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove from the pan, then allow to rest for half the time cooked.
- Using a separate pan, sauté the shrimp until cooked.
- Plate the steak, sliced or unsliced, with the prawns. Carefully pour the warm sauce over the top of the meat and prawns, and serve with sautéed spinach or other warmed vegetables.
- Serve immediately.